Hi hot cute girly (and boy) geeks of mine. This time a guide with 10 geeky gifts for your geeky girlfriend. We geeky girls are not like any other girls so the normal rules of gift giving don’t apply, but not to worry, here is a list what you should get your geeky girl!
Because we geeky girls come in different styles, first thing to do is find out what kind of geeky girl you have. Is she a gaming geek, IT geek, gadget geek, comic geek, book geek, TV geek or another type of geek? But beware, we geeky girls don’t usually like just one subject. In my case, I’m a TV-loving, book reading, IT and gadget geek.
10. Books, and I don’t mean e-books, but paper books. Go through her bookcase, see what series she likes and which edition she is missing and buy her that. Also pay attention to the fact if she has hard cover editions or paperbacks, we usually like our books to match.
09. Or even better, if you can score the autograph of her favorite writer! Most writers are nowadays easily approachable trough social media. Explain the reason and maybe you get lucky. And if you can combine a new book your geeky girlfriend doesn’t have with an autograph in it, you score! Big time!
08. New season of her favorite TV-show. Like all geeky girls we love DVD’s more than downloads. She if she’s nuts about a particular show. It shouldn’t be too much trouble to find out, because she won’t stop talking about it. And buy her that new season.
07. Even better, if possible, find out if the actors from her favorite TV show attend a convention near you and take her there. Be sure to check the website of the convention and see if taking photos with these actors are possible, usually you have to buy tickets for these too. It would be a shame if you took her to a convention and she can’t take a photo with her favorite actors!
06. Gadgets! A gadget to make your geeky girls life a little easier. For example. I once got a media box from one of my ex-boyfriends. It allows me to watch my downloads on TV, instead of my laptop. Best gift ever! Or buy her a fancy looking on the road chargers for if one of her electricity powered devises turns out empty on the road. (I don’t go anywhere without a Smartphone, mp3 player and e-reader, and nothing gets my mood down if one of these turns out empty).
05. Games, you have 3 different gaming geeky girls. The PC/game console gamer geek, the AD&D gaming geek and board gaming geek. In case of PC/ game console geek, buy that new game she is waiting for. Or buy something she can use on her PC or game console to make gaming easier. In case of AD&D, maybe some nice looking dice always works. Or there are a lot of cool D20 stuff on the internet. And board games. Again, find out which one she already has. Like, I collect monopoly games and it’s cool if you can find a special edition.
04. Home cooked meal. Who says that the fastest way through a man’s heart is his stomach? That applies for geeky girls also. And don’t cook mac and cheese. Think more like a Tardis Pizza, or a medieval meal in style of Game of Thrones, vampire diaries cupcakes with fangs. So ask our mother, sister, neighbor, whatever to help you prepare this nice meal and don’t forget the mead, or honey whine with your dinner.
03. Build her stuff! Only if you are a handy man geek! Look through the internet, there are a lot of cool geeky thing you can build her. Build her a tardis! http://youtu.be/rtWUrJU46M8 or what about a book chair, or one of these nice tissue boxes: http://blog.kanojo.de/2011/01/05/geek-ish-tissueboxes/ (p.s. we don’t mind if you cheat and hire someone to build us something cool, we won’t tell)
02. This is for the lazy geeks. A gift certificate for Think Geek: http://www.thinkgeek.com/ But don’t use this one too often.
01. Jewelry. We love shiny things just like any other girl. But please, don’t buy us the LOTR ring or Arwens evenstar! Too cheesy! Think more in the line of this transformers ring. Or like one of my ex-boyfriends did. He ordered custom made earrings which looked like dragon wings, and these where made with a 3D printer. Those where awesome! Although he is gone, I still have the earrings and I love them!
I hope you found this useful. So guy geeks, use this handy guide to buy a nice present for your girly geek. And girly geeks, send this blog over to your boyfriends! And if you still have trouble, go to her best geeky friend and ask for help!
Love your hot cute girly geek!